Viewing, querying and reporting on log data
agileBase comprehensively logs changes to data in the system as well as changes to the structure of the system. Powerful reporting facilities allow the generation of audit trails, trend monitoring, customer success monitoring etc.
What is logged
The following actions are recorded
- logins, including connection details
- record edits (create, update and delete)
- global edits
- comment additions and removals
- data imports and exports
- viewing and searching/filtering data in views
- password resets
When logging a record deletion, the data values deleted are logged.
Further, for every record in a table, the following metadata is stored and can be included in views:
- The creation time and time of last update
- The user who created the record and who last updated it
- The view count: how many times the record has been opened
- A visual activity histogram showing the number of edits per week over the past six months
See automatically present fields for full details.
API and workflow actions
Data changes or outflows arising from API callsare logged to the same log store as user actions. Instead of logging the user taking the action, it’s logged as an API call with the IP address of the source of the request.
Automated workflow actions are also logged. Each is marked as a workflow actions with the name of the action (i.e. the view name) to identify it.
Administration and management actions
All significant actions are recorded, in summary
- adding, updating or removing users, roles and privileges
- table additions and removals, field additions and removals, data constraint additions and removals
- view additions, updates and removals
- chart edits
Data is retained for 12 months as standard. The enhanced audit trail allows customers to define their own retention period, the maximum being unlimited.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.